As mentioned in our first November blog, features of Next Generation High Schools include:
- Redesigning academic content
- Personalizing academic content
- Ensuring strong content knowledge
- Providing and personalizing academic and wrap-around support services
- Providing high-quality career and college exploration and counseling
- Offering multiple opportunities to engage in post-secondary learning in high school
- Redesigning learning in more innovative and meaningful ways
The Alliance for Excellent Education has developed toolkits in the form of slideshow presentations for school leaders. These toolkits present methods, in accordance to Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), that schools can use to transform high schools into Next Generation High Schools. The toolkits focus on five topics: Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs, career and technical education, dual-enrollment and early college high schools, deeper learning, and personalized learning. Find downloadable toolkits here.
Join us at World Future Forum for more research findings and best practices on Next Generation High Schools!